Monday, March 22, 2010

38 weeks and Spring!


Here I am today at 38 weeks! I'm up about 45-50lbs! I try not to remind myself that she's full term and she's been full term for the past week/7 days/over 168 hours, but that's hard to do. I'm really really hoping she comes a little early. Even just a few days would be nice. I've decided that if she's more than a couple of days late, I'm going to have her induced. We had Annabelle induced on her due date, and it's not as fun that way because everything is planned and prepared and there's not really an exciting birth story to tell(or at least there wasn't for me), but I don't think I could handle going much longer than that. I'm already having to use the bathroom almost every 1/2 hour and it's getting worse every day. And sleeping at night hasn't been quite as comfortable, though we did move our queen sized foam pad that we use for guests staying on the futon, up to our bed so that there was extra padding under my hips which seem to get the brunt of it, and that's helped a lot. Also, I seem to be getting heart burn with everything I eat now, not just tomatoes, unless it's just a really small helping and nights can be really hard when I'm laying down. If I have several pillows under my head and several Tums tablets in my system that seems to help with the heart burn, but not entirely. But I suppose it's meant to be like this. If the whole pregnancy were just a breeze, easy with no complications, then I think labor and delivery would seem that much worse and you wouldn't mind staying pregnant for a long time. But this way, you don't really care what kind of pain you have to go through or how big of a needle they have to stick you with, or that the newborn, and yourself, will probably not sleep through the night for months.... as long as you can have the baby out of you and in your arms. :) And the lack of sleep now kind of prepares you for what's to come. I may be exaggerating a little with all this, but not terribly. But anyway, with the way things are now, I am completely and entirely excited for labor and delivery and everything else that comes with it!

One of the really nice things about right now is that it's Spring! I'm SO glad that it's Spring! I LOVE the weather we are having! It makes me and the kids feel so happy. I love that we can go outside for hours at a time. I love that we can go on walks everyday. I love that it's sunny and not freezing cold or really hot. I love that the birds are out and the plants are beginning to bloom! And I'm excited to welcome our new little girl to this beautiful place.(these pictures were taken at 930 this morning in our backyard...and it was already nice!)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh your are almost there Elisa. So exciting. I think having a spring baby would be so nice!! I hope you ago for the next little while and that the labor and delivery go really well. We can't wait to see you guys and your mom on Sunday! Talk to you soon!!

Casey said...

You look so cute! I completely agree with you about the whole end of pregnancy thing. I really do think it prepares you to move to the next phase. I hope she comes a little early for you!

April said...

Yay for pictures! Hang in there! :)

Lindsay said...

You look so great! I'm not quite to that point yet--where I am so uncomfortable that I just want to go through with the labor. I am actually dreading that part still! So I guess I need to get a little bit bigger and little more uncomfortable still!

carrie r. said...

I know I don't comment often but wanted to let you know I really enjoy your posts and your positive outlook on life and motherhood. You are such an example to me!! And you look great even at 38 weeks, can't wait to hear some baby news!