Monday, March 1, 2010

35 weeks


I'm 35 weeks, which also means I've got 35 days to go! My friends at water aerobics have been anxious to see me arrive every week for the past couple of weeks, even though I keep reassuring them I'll be there throughout the month of March. My babies, for some reason or another, don't like to come early. So, she'll most likely arrive on Easter or there about.

Being 35 weeks pregnant feels kind of like having a 30 pound bag of flour strapped across your mid section and carrying it around all day and night. It's hard on your body after awhile especially your feet, back, and legs. Things that used to be easy and that you never even thought about like putting on shoes, sitting in an upright position, standing, laying in one position for too long, getting up, etc., are now much harder to do. And sometimes I'll get the swollen hands and feet. Also, since the baby is getting so big and taking up so much space, I am having some heart burn which doesn't feel awesome, but it does sort of kill my appetite which is nice since I've already gained 40 lbs :). For the past couple of months, many times I'd have to take Tums just before bed for the heart burn, and now that I'm getting even bigger, I'll occasionally have to pop one in during the day as well, especially if I've eaten anything with tomatoes in it: spaghetti, pizza, lasagna, salsa, ketchup, enchiladas.... Pretty much all of the things I ever make for dinner and eat as leftovers (lunch).

Other than the heart burn and the major weight gain, I'm doing great! I cannot wait for this little girl to arrive! Oh, and as you can see in the picture below, many of my maternity tops are getting to be too short to wear in public without some sort of long coat to help cover up the bottom of my belly. I had to really pull and stretch this shirt down just before taking this picture so you wouldn't see skin.

6 comments:

Alisa said...

You look amazing! When I got to the end of my pregnancy, I bought a larger maternity tank top and wore it under the shirts that were starting to show belly. That way, when my shirt rode up, the tank top was still covering my belly! Worked great for me.

Casey said...

You look beautiful! Those bella bands work great for covering the lower belly. You could easily make one by just cutting the bottom off of a t-shirt. Good luck!

Elisa said...

Thanks for the advice ladies! I'm going to look into both.

The Clarks said...

You look Awesome! I am so impressed with all you're able to accomplish with 3 little one and one on the way! How do you do it?!? Truly amazing!

The Horne's said...

Seriously - I ditto everything everyone said.
I'm 22 weeks...barely have a bump, but reading about you towards the end, I guess I'm kind of glad that I can still do normal things :-) I love how out front you carry. Do you carry all of your babies the same? So exciting! After you...it'll be ME!!! I can't believe it!I haev just started feeling her kick and it's the highlight of my day! I love it!!

Lindsay said...

You look so good! Nothing is fitting me either...I am forever pulling up pants and pulling down at my shirts! Isn't it getting so hard to pick up the house---it has been good for my kids though to have to pitch in lots more. Good luck these next few wks! Any names picked out?