Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blog book arrived!

Our third blog book arrived today! I'm always so excited to get one in the mail and hold it in my hands! The previous two books I made with a dust cover jacket, but this year I decided to try the image wrap, and I love it. The dust cover jackets look really nice too, but they get a little worn looking around the edges from being handled, and I don't think I'll have to worry about that with this one.

This book was 278 pages and with shipping and tax and everything (and with the image wrap cover which is $5 more), it cost around $80. It has inside, around 780 pictures. Since I've started putting together these blog books or photo journals, I no longer print pictures so I actually save money doing it this way because if I were to print 780 pictures in a year at 13 cents a copy(that's the price at Costco) that would be over $100. And then I'd need photo albums, too. So anyway, I just love this way of journaling! Here are some pictures.

The three photo journals

coverBack
table of contents
sample pages

5 comments:

kelley said...

This looks great! What service do you use? I have been considering doing this as well. Yours have turned out really well.

Angela said...

I can't wait to get one! I don't think I got one from last year, either. Boy time flies. Can you post the website again where we can purchase? Technology makes keeping a personal history so easy! Your kids are going to love looking at these when they get older. They will make good Christmas gifts to them when they are older as well.

Jason said...

Are you still using blurb? looks great!

scott said...

the website is blurb.com

Casey said...

I'm so jealous that you have your book done already! My goodness you are on top of things. :) I need to get working on ours. I haven't even started it!

Making the book is the most important reason I blog. I think that those blog books will be treasured pieces of family history in the years to come. :)