Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Please share crock pot recipes

Hello everyone, I need your help. I love making crock pot meals, but I only have probably two recipes that we really like(okay, and I haven't really ventured out beyond trying maybe one other), and so that can get boring. I was hoping that you all could share with me one or two(or three or four) of your favorite crock pot recipes so that I could have more to try out and choose from. We're not too picky, though we don't really eat fish. Besides that, I'm up for anything, casserole dishes, meat dishes etc. Please share! Thank you! And if you could share within the next couple of days that would be ideal because I want to do a crock pot dish for Sunday. Thanks again!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I love crockpotting too, but I don't have many recipes either. One recipe we LOVE at our house is taco soup, and it can easily be made in the crock pot. You can find the recipe on my blog, just click on "Soup Monday" in my most recent post. You'll probably want to double it, as we almost finish it, with only three of us eating it. (Henry doesn't like it, but Ella will eat 3-4 bowls!)

MarieC said...

BEST Crock-Pot Chicken EVER:

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 soup can filled with milk
1 packet Italian dressing mix (like Good Seasons)
1 brick cream cheese

Spray pot with PAM and put chicken in. Mix soup, milk, and dressing mix until smooth, pour over chicken. Add cream cheese on top. Cover, cook on low 8 hours. Serve with hot buttered noodles or rice. (Serves 4?)

When I make it, I do almost the entire bag of chicken breasts from Costco, 2 cans of soup, and 1 full can of milk. The sauce is DIVINE, and is even better leftover. If using lowfat (neufchatel) cream cheese, I will add it about 4 hours into the cooking time. Try as best as you can to break it up and mix it into the sauce after it has cooked. I usually make whole wheat rotini pasta and peas and drench everything in the sauce. The chicken just falls to pieces and it is more like a stew or soup.

Lindsay said...

ohhh...I have lots of recipes! We use crockpot A LOT. I will email some of our favorites to you.

The Horne's said...

If you guys like Split Pea Soup...
Ingredients
16 ounces dried split peas
2 cups diced fully cooked lean ham
1 cup diced carrots
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
5 cups boiling water
1 cup hot milk

In a slow cooker, layer the first nine ingredients in order listed (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk. Discard bay leaves before serving.

Let me know how it turns out!

southgirl said...

There is an awesome blog called A Year of Slow Cooking that you would enjoy. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

April's Mom