Sunday, November 22, 2009

Phew!

Boy am I glad these past eleven days are behind us! Scott has had to work really long hours every day of the week for the past eleven days(10 and 11 hour days Mondays-Saturdays and 5 hours Sundays), and that's hard on all of us.

It's hard for Scott to have to be away from the family that long and to have to sit in a chair all day; that can be bad for the body. And he hasn't been getting enough sleep because he's been going in so early every morning. And it's been hard for us not to have Daddy here while the kids are awake for eleven days in a row. I didn't realize how much of a help it was to have him home. In the morning he helps with breakfast, and then again in the evening he helps with dinner and clean up and helps get the kids ready for bed and plays with them; he usually still has energy at that time of day, whereas mine is mostly gone. Having Scott home is huge. I missed being able to talk with him over dinner and laugh with him about the crazy things that happened during the day. And then of course, not having him here all day two Saturdays in a row and half of two Sundays. Yuck! But we made it through, and now it's time for the next group of people at Scott's work to take over the project and so he won't have to work as much, just his normal hours and perhaps a little extra time if they have questions about what he did. Well, that's what we're hoping at least. And hallelujah, Thanksgiving is just around the corner which means a couple of extra no-work days for Scott, and our sisters, Becca and Krissy will be here so it'll be so nice! Oh and, we decided about a month ago to fly to Seattle for Christmas, so this extra work has actually been a blessing because it'll pay for our trip and more. And another blessing from this work trial was that I was able to strengthen my relationship with our Savior. Looking back, I see that I was more sincere with my personal prayers and scripture study(I spent more time than usual on my knees and with my nose in my scriptures and in the Ensign) which was the thing that saved me. I knew He was right there with me, helping me along, and making the load seem a bit lighter at times. I am so grateful that we have a loving and caring and kind Heavenly Father who knows and loves each one of us.

4 comments:

The Horne's said...

Glad you made it through - in those times just remember the good times with your family. These young years are hard (I hear) but they are so temporary and short.
Hang in there!

Maryann said...

That is hard and long. Hopefully you will have a nice break this week. Those times really fill you with gratitude. Things always seem to go more smoothly with "Daddy" home to help. :)

Robin said...

Oh man, that sounds hard. Having Fred around helps so much too. Good job making it through :).

Lindsay said...

Wow! I'm so glad that Scott is done with that. Those weeks are always so hard. I totally notice it in my kids too. THey are just "off" when they aren't seeing their dad as much as they are used too and act out a lot more. And their mom is "off" too :)