Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Outnumbered

Me 19 weeks pregnant with baby #4

Yesterday was my 19th week mark and we were able to have our ultrasound. The baby looks healthy and normal in every way possible! What a blessing! And we found out that the boys are going to be even more outnumbered! We're having another girl and we're all SUPER excited to meet her! And I'm sure she's been waiting for awhile to come down to us and is just as excited as we are!

Sorry I'm not posting any of our ultrasound pictures but they didn't turn out well and they didn't give me the gender shot on the cd they provided which is the coolest one, in my opinion. We had our ultrasound at a hospital that has only been in operation for a week now and they have new machines and new staff and they're still trying to figure everything out. But the ultrasound went really well and Scott and I were able to see our cute little girl moving her arms and legs and head and she was all curled up and we're just so excited to have another human being with us in our home!

And some more good news is that this new hospital is only a six minute drive from my house. I timed it yesterday with traffic lights and going the speed limit and all. Though when I mentioned this to Scott yesterday, who was following me in his car so he could go straight to work, he said, 'You were not going the speed limit.' Okay, so I went five over for not even a quarter of a mile but then I caught myself and slowed down. And most people don't even think of going five over as speeding. I love you Scott and you're a wonderful example! But anyway, it's only about two miles which is a relief because our last baby came so fast that I want to be sure I'll make it to the hospital in time to have a doctor catch her rather than a neighbor(but I do have some really excellent neighbors, three of which are nurses so it may not be too bad if it does come down to that. But still, in my house with all the yuck that comes out with baby? Let's hope not.)

18 comments:

Betsy said...

That is exciting news!! Congrats!! Do you have any names picked out yet? What is your due date?? So happy mom and baby are doing well.

Ben said...

Whenever Scott drives with me he always speeds. It's really scary. Congrats on the girl!

Leatham Family said...

Congrats on a girl!! I'm glad she is healthy and everything looks good. I hope everything goes well with your mom too, that must be so hard.

Rachael said...

So cute ! YEAH for GIRLS!!! I am so excited for you! congrats ! I am anxious to see her and hear what names your thinking of!

Margot said...

That's so fun! I see even more Princess paraphernalia in your future.

Leake's said...

Girls Rock!!!!!!At my house she would be another cowgirl!

Casey said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

April said...

Congrats! She's a blessed little one to come to your family. I'm sure she'll bless you all as well :).

Jill said...

Congratulations!! You certainly have a good recipe for making beautiful baby girls...we're so happy for you!

Sarah said...

Yeah! Congrats on another cute girl!

Krissy said...

Hoorray for girls! Oh yeah, and about Scott speeding... I'm another witness. I remember when he first got back from Italy and he showed me how the Italians drive...scary

Lindsay said...

So exciting! I am glad everything went well. And I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope everything goes well for her.

carrie r. said...

Congrats Elisa! What fun news! You and Scott make such cute babies, I can't wait to see what she will look like.

Elisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danica said...

Congrats you guys! Very exciting.

Jessica and Brad said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news!

Rachel said...

Congrats on another girl! How fun. And aren't you so excited for the new hospital?!?! Almost makes me want to get pregnant just so I can have a baby there! :)

Clark Family said...

Yea!! Congratulations! Hope all goes well with your pregnancy. You look great! And I completely agree about the afterbirth, who wants that in their home??