Thursday, November 19, 2009

My least favorite chore

I'm pretty sure my least favorite chore is laundry. Maybe because we have so much of it all the time. Or maybe because there are several steps involved: taking the laundry down to the 'dungeon'(that's our only unfinished room in the basement with cement floor and walls, and terrible lighting), washing the laundry, drying the laundry, folding the laundry and then putting the laundry away. And it's never ending, there is always laundry to do with all five of us dirtying things throughout the day. Here are a few pictures from this week. First there is the dirty clothes hamper in our room, next is the dirty clothes hamper/color separator in the dungeon, and third are the clean clothes from a few days before that I forgot to take out of the dungeon and fold, though please know that I did take out and fold and put away two other loads that day(okay, well maybe I didn't put them away that day, but within a few days...). Usually I'll do laundry one day a week, sometimes two, but I'll get all 5-6 loads done on that day, and then throughout the week we try and put them all away. Ugh. I can't wait until the kids are old enough to do their own laundry. They can sort of fold now and help put away, but when they do, it usually looks like nothings really been done. Accept the hand towels and wash cloths; they're okay at those. Hopefully just a few more years.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I can totally relate. Monday is our laundry day around here and it literally takes ALL day. Unfortunately, I've had to add Friday to the laundry schedule as well. Ugh.

The Horne's said...

If I lived closer I would DO your laundry! I LOVE doing laundry!! And vacuuming...how cleaning the kitchen...that's where I stop...
But seriously, I would come do it. :-)