Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!





The kids dressed up this year as Snow White (Elisabeth), a fireman(Char) and a pumpkin (Annabelle). They all looked great! Elisabeth has five different princess dresses that she uses for dress-up, so I didn't have to do anything for her costume. Last week for her kindergarten Halloween party she dressed up as Sleeping Beauty.

Charlie was given a firefighter jacket from Granny last year, and I had saved one of those plastic red ones the fire department give children and I just covered their white logo on the front with black construction paper. He has some blue and black snow boots so all we needed were some pants. I found a pair of blue sweats in his drawer and just added some gray duct tape down the side as a reflector stripe that matched the gray stripes on his jacket.
Annabelle was given a cute little pumpkin shirt from Grandma with a green stuffed hat. I couldn't get the stuffed hat to stay on for more than a few seconds, so I ended up cutting it open and pulling out the stuffing so that it could lay flat on her head, and it worked great.

Halloween day we painted and carved pumpkins and had a Halloween dinner. We ate the same thing as last year: chili in orange pumpkin soup/bread bowls, and macaroni. Elisabeth and Charles only ate the macaroni so Scott, Annabelle and I got to have a lot of chili, and we have tons left. We'll probably be eating it for several days. I need to remember next year to half the recipe.

We had our fire pit out front this year while the kids trick-or-treated. Scott sat at the fire first and handed out candy while I took the kids around our block. Charlie was ready to be done when we finished our block so he and I went back and sat at the fire while Scott took Annabelle and Elisabeth out again. I was surprised at how much Annabelle liked trick-or-treating and she wanted to walk most of the time and go up to all the doors. Once Scott and the girls got back, Charlie wanted to go out one more time, so Scott took him out again while I put Annabelle to bed and Elisabeth answered the door and handed out candy. Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Angela said...

Sigh, these are the things I wish we didn't have to miss:( Good idea taking the stuffing out of the hat...looks better too! They all looked darling. Smart mommy putting the customs together.

Rachael said...

So cute ! looks like a very fun Halloween!! It was fun seeing you !

Angela said...

Haha, I meant costumes, but I guess it could be customs as well:)

Rachel said...

They all look so cute!! I think having the fire pit out in your front yard is such a fun idea! You did a great job with their costumes!! I still can't get over how pretty your "fall" cake was either!!!

Maren said...

Cute! I love their costumes and they happy faces. Especially Annabelle's.

Maren said...

Cute! I love their costumes and they happy faces. Especially Annabelle's.

Jay said...

Cute blog I love it. What a beautiful family you have.

Allie Linford said...

I thought I better clarify who that last comment was from so you didn't think it was just some weird random guy. I forgot that I was logged in under my husbands name Jay Linford. The comment was from me. I love your blog..