Saturday, November 7, 2009

Chicken sale

We eat a lot of chicken in our house, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of red meats or any other meat, so this is pretty much the only meat we get besides turkey for Thanksgiving. Anyway, there are some Albertson's in the area that are being bought by another local company, so they have a couple of really good sales going on. One of which is chicken! You can get chicken in the butcher area, for $1.29/lb, and because it's back with the butcher, they'll cut it up and package it for you however you like. I went and got 20lbs. of breasts on Thursday, double wrapped which I then froze, and then I went back today and got 10 more pounds cubed. So for those of you who like chicken, you may want to check this out before their sale ends Tuesday. Our store had quite a bit and I was the only one back there, both times I went, so it went pretty fast.

Also, while you're there, if you turn in your Albertson's Preferred card, they'll give you a 5lb. bag of sugar for free. So there you go. Happy shopping!

No comments: