Thursday, October 29, 2009

Super-size snacks

One of Elisabeth's favorite snacks are crackers and cheese. She likes to stack them up high and eat it like a giant hamburger.

The other day while I was making soup, Charlie came in to watch and I'm pretty sure he was hungry. Here's how our conversation went:
"What are you making?"
"Cheesy potato soup"
"For dinner?"
"No, it's actually for Super Saturday tomorrow."
"What's that?" he asked, pointing to the giant stalk of celery I pulled out and began to cut.
"Celery."
"Can I have one?"
"Sure, just let me wash this one off and cut it into sticks for you."
"No, I want it big like that."
"You're going to eat the whole thing?" I questioned suspiciously.
"Yeah."
"Alright."
I gave the giant stalk to him and he took a bite and chewed it. While he chewed I asked if he'd like some peanut butter on top. He asked if it was good like that, and I told him that I thought it was. He agreed. So I filled the little celery tunnel(don't know what else to call that thing) with peanut butter. And he ate the whole thing. Good job, bud! Way to enjoy a healthy snack! Oh, and I cannot get him to smile a 'natural smile' for me on camera. He always ends up making these really odd facial expressions. See what I mean.

1 comment:

Kimberlyn said...

Those are some tasty looking snacks. We always used to have celery with peanut butter and raisins "ants on a log"