Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Checkout goodreads.com

This week when I was on Goodreads.com, I noticed some pretty vulgar/sexual Calvin Klein ads on the side and bottom of the page, which bothered me. I found the contact information for Goodreads Support and sent them an email kindly expressing my frustration with that particular ad and then asked them to pull the ads. I also added that if they did I'd write a post on my blog and recommend the site to everyone. And they did! This was their response to my email:

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. Our advertising team pulled the ads.

Best,
Jessica

Short, but sweet. It was very cool to get that email. I have sent emails to other web pages in the past encouraging them to do the same sort of thing, but nothing came of it, so this was very cool.

Use goodreads! It's a great, fun website where you can share information and details with others about all different kinds of books. The book reviews are very helpful, and best of all, there are no bad advertisments!

4 comments:

berrymom said...

Hooray! Good job E! I love that they responded positively to your email. I'll pass on the support for Goodreads!

Alisa said...

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby!! We have been out of the loop since your blog went private. (: I was "catching up" on your blog and saw your post where you were asking for advice on how to keep your blog safer. I don't know how Jason did it, but he changed the settings so that the only way to access our blog is to type in the direct URL. You can no longer search for our family in google, for example, and find our blog or push the next button on top of blogger and randomly get to our blog. If you want to know how he did that, I'll have him email you. I don't know how safe this makes us, but I do feel better about it.

Maren said...

yea, that's awesome! Elisa, you are changing the world! One site at a time. Amazing. Mother of 4-to-be, Enrichment person, wife, and inappropriate ad taker-downer. Awesome.

Maren said...

yea, that's awesome! Elisa, you are changing the world! One site at a time. Amazing. Mother of 4-to-be, Enrichment person, wife, and inappropriate ad taker-downer. Awesome.