Monday, September 28, 2009

Feeling better

I'm 13 weeks now, and feeling much better. I normally take my medicine every 8 hours around the clock, but I haven't taken any since yesterday at 1pm, and I'm still feeling really good. I think I'm almost completely out of the sick phase, wahoo! I went back through my old journals yesterday to see if I recorded when I started feeling better with the others, and I did. Elisabeth I was sick with until 16 weeks, and that pregnancy and this one have been the worst, but lucky for me, this pregnancy I had medicine. With Charles I felt sick until I was about 12 weeks and with Annabelle until about 14 weeks, but those two pregnancies I never got terribly sick, just a little nauseus and I only threw up probably 5 times with each of those.

And here is a snapshot of me and my growing belly. I'm already into maternity shirts and some pants. I have some pants that were previously a little baggy, and they still fit, but the other ones will only fit with a rubber band as a fastening device rather than the snap. I don't know why I pop out so early, a friend suggested that maybe it's due to the way I hold the baby and where my uterus is and perhaps it also has to do with the length of my torso. I don't really know. But anyways, usually between 11 and 12 weeks, people know I'm pregnant just by looking at my stomach whereas I think most others start to really show closer to 20 weeks.

I'll try and keep up a little better with my blogging now that I'm feeling better.

8 comments:

berrymom said...

Hurray! I am so glad you are starting to feel better. I hope it lasts. You look adorable with a little pregnant belly. I poke out fast too...I think it is because my stomach is so stretched out....and I have ZERO abdominal muscles left :) Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Casey said...

You look so cute! I pop out early too. I think that is just the way it goes for some of us. :)

MarieC said...

Congrats on the upcoming addition. If it makes you feel any better, I always showed waaaay sooner than most people, which is odd, because I always thought my height would help me conceal it. I used to joke that I needed my maternity clothes before I took the home test. Hope the sickness is gone for good--you're a trooper!

Rachel said...

So glad you are feeling better! That is huge! If you need anything still just call. We need to start planning our next get together. Definitely Halloween themed. I thought Friday was such a blast!!!! See you guys soon!

Gina said...

Dito with the rest. So glad you're feeling better.

The Horne's said...

I hear people show quicker after their first kid...so it could be that? Not sure, did you also show right away with Elisabeth? Will you find out what you're having, or do you wait until birth, I can't remember. Congrats again, glad you're beginning to feel better!

JP said...

CONGRATS!! I was wondering when this news would come! I am so glad you have started feeling better. For me, it lasts until about 20 weeks so consider yourself lucky! I hate that sick phase. In fact, I just put on a shirt today that I got for Christmas last year (when I was sick with Aiden) and I got a hint of that sick feeling. And Jen, I don't have any abs left after Aiden - I can't imagine how it will be for my FOURTH!! You look cute, and you have a good excuse.

Mary said...

Oh, so cute, Elisa! I know, I've given up hope of being able to hide any more pregnancies... by the time I find out I'm pregnant, I'm showing! I am glad you are beginning to feel better. I also think that is SO neat that Goodreads wrote you and pulled the ads. I have tried writing a couple of letters of that nature, and I have gotten really negative responses! Sad, huh?