Saturday, June 20, 2009

PB&J


This is Scott. It says it at the bottom of the post, but does anyone really check that?

It is a rare day for me if I do not eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. If I don't eat one at lunch, then I will find some other time of the day to enjoy this most perfect food. I will often eat one right before bed, sometimes with a glass of milk, and I sleep so well on those nights. It is also rare for me to eat the pb&j without thinking about Dad. You see, when I talk of all the important skills I learned from Dad, how can I exclude making, eating, and enjoying the pb&j? I remember watching in amazement as he finished the sandwich in 4 bites (I'm still working on that one). There are three important things to remember about the pb&j: 1. Lots of peanut butter, 2. Lots of jelly, and 3. Take a big bite immediately after the sandwich is built and it gives you time to put everything away while you are chewing. Dad taught me a myriad of important life skills, for which I will always be grateful. The pb&j in this story is an example of enjoying life's little pleasures, which is very important to our well-being. Thanks Dad, and happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

kelley said...

I was always amazed that dad could eat an entire PB&J sandwich in so few bites! And how he never waits until he sits down to take the first bite either... I'm sure mom would add to the list another item - leave the bread crumbs on the counter. =)

The Horne's said...

I know it's you because your font is different.
And - it's very interesting how people make their PBJ sandwhiches. I TOO love PBJ and eat it often. however I put both the PB and J on one side then slab the empty peice of bread on top. And yes, milk is a must!