Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain temple

Saturday we went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. Just before we got ready to leave, the power went out. The weather was really stormy: a lot of rain, thunder and lightning. When we got to the temple and parked our car, me and the kids got together for a picture. One of the ushers came over and asked if Scott wanted to be in it too, and then he took our picture. Afterwords, he told us that Angel Moroni had been struck by lightning a little while before, which explained his black arm. I tried to get a good picture of it, but this was the best I was able to get. Moroni is, by far, the tallest thing around so it's not too surprising...it was just intersting to see thd dark arm. The kids all did really well while inside the temple. And the temple was beautiful. We've been really lucky this year because there have been three temple open houses(Twin Falls, ID, Draper, UT, and Oquirrh) close enough that we have been able to attend.

4 comments:

Ben said...

How cute, Scott and Charles switched ties.

MarieC said...

Wow, that is wild that Moroni got struck by lightning. I never thought of the angel statue as being a lightning rod, but it makes sense!

Elisa said...

Whoops! That would be my bad, Ben. I asked Scott to teach me how to tie a tie, and then I practiced on him; and that's what you're seeing in this picture. Thanks Scott for helping me learn.

Robin said...

Wow! You've gotten to a lot of open houses! With the kids in tow, that is super impressive!