Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Clean oven!


Last weekend for my Saturday chore, I decided to tackle the stove top. I wipe it down daily, but I forget to change the tinfoil under the stove ranges until they're pretty nasty. And on top of the back of the oven....was sick! It had this thick buildup of sticky, greasy, nasty stuff that wouldn't clean up with a rag and some 409 spray. So I thought I'd try my Brillo pads. They worked like a charm! I love those things! Now I can run my hand over the back of the oven without gagging. See, watch me demonstrate:
I have no more fears of what I might feel on there. Lovely!

4 comments:

Casey said...

I have oven envy. ;) I really need to tackle ours.

Kimberlyn said...

There is some stuff called Oil Eater, I think my mom got it at costco. It works like a charm on nasty messes like the stove top!

berrymom said...

I am jealous of your shining oven. It seems to be so hard to keep up on the every day things, I never seem to find time to tackle big projects. Good job!

The Horne's said...

You should have taken a before and after.