Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cherry chip squares

I have, what you might call, a little bit of a food obsession. I LOVE to eat food. And I have a major sweet tooth.

This here, is my favorite treat. Though, I suppose Scott might say that I have a lot of favorite treats...which is probably true. They're called cherry chip squares and they're so chewy and soft and sweet(I added the glaze to this recipe; it wasn't quite sweet enough. I love glaze! When I told Scott about my recipe adjustment he just said, "of course you added a glaze," and smiled knowingly). One of the really nice things about this recipe is that it's super easy to make and only calls for a few ingredients. The kids like to help me bake this one; their jobs are to mix the batter, and to press it into the 9x13 baking dish.
Notice my fork that I keep, at all times, inside the pan :). I use it to correct any uneven or misshapen squares...which I then pop into my mouth :). Here's the recipe:

1 cherry chip cake mix
2 eggs
1/3c. oil

glaze:
1c. powdered sugar
1 1/2Tbsp. milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, and oil together. Mixture will be stiff. Spread the mixture evenly into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly brown on top. Mix milk and powdered sugar. Drizzle the glaze over the squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am going to try this recipe for sure. They look and sound so good. I think the glaze is brilliant! I probably wouldn't have tried them with out the glaze!! I love all your recipes, you guys do a good job you make excellent food. One of my favorites is the zucchini Alfredo sauce you told me about that you and Scott made, we love that one!!