Monday, February 23, 2009

Vanilla Syrup

Our vanilla syrup ran out a week or two ago(the one I made for Scott's birthday), so we made another batch this weekend and we love it so much that I thought I'd share the recipe.

Vanilla Syrup(from Karen Nelson):
1c butter
1c whipping cream
1c sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Mix together in saucepan and bring to a boil. Let simmer ten minutes.

We used it on our german pancakes Sunday morning and this is what was left over; I included this picture so that you could see about how much this recipes makes.

Oh, and speaking of Scott's birthday, here is a picture of the craft the kids and I made for him. I traced all three kids hands, cut them out, wrote down their names and ages, and then glued them to the ends of a long accordion piece of construction paper that says, "we love you this much". I did this with Elisabeth probably 4 years ago as a Valentine's day gift...we got the idea from Gina and the Friend magazine.

1 comment:

Kimberlyn said...

Looks yummy, I may have to try that one. The model looks pretty cute too!!