Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Internet again!

Last weekend we signed up to have internet in the home again and it started working today!!! Needless to say, I have A LOT of blog reading to catch up on! We did a bundle package with a home phone which I'll need to email out to people soon because we'll most likely be canceling our cell phones next month once our contracts are up. Anyways...

Not having the internet in our home really wasn't too bad. I felt like I used my time more wisely, and when the kids slept I no longer would just sit and read and write blogs or search other unnecessary things. Since I've realized how to more effectively use my time, I've decided to make a change. I'll no longer read ALL the blogs of EVERYONE I've ever met, but rather close friends and family and then perhaps skim some others. Also, I will check my email in the morning but then I won't get on again until the evening after the kids are in bed. I used to use their nap time as internet time too but I've decided that I don't want to do that, instead I'm going to use that time to write(not blogs), read, clean etc. I'm quite determined so I hope that this all goes well. But of course, we won't count today since it's our first day back with having the internet, and it's just all too exciting...

6 comments:

rachael said...

I am so glad you are getting internet. the bloging world missed you!

Kimberlyn said...

That's great to hear, glad to have you back in the internet/blogging world.

ABW said...

yeah!!

The Clarks said...

I am so jealous. We haven't had the internet for a few months and I am going to go crazy! But I sure have accomplished more in my life...

The Horne's said...

I think that's great.
We're cancelling cable cause we just will always have TV on and we think it's silly. It wastes so much time in our lives.
I'll be glad to be reading more of your blogs though! :-)

Leake's said...

Elisa; You have the cutest family. And I still feel bad for kicking your little one in church when I walked by.
Shauna