Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a day!

Well it's been an exhausting day for me. I guess most of our days are physically exhausting, but today it was mentally exhausting. Charles has been sick for awhile but thankfully is on the mend. Today he cried and whined the entire day. And that's not an exaggeration. And since he doesn't nap anymore it was just constant throughout the day and it really wore on me. Oh and he doesn't listen, ever. That might be a little bit of an exaggeration, but it's a fairly accurate statement. He's just busy doing things all the time. And he'll tell you that too. I'll say something like, "Hey Char, could you please put your shoes away/clean up your toys/finish your food/stop doing that to Annabelle etc?" And he'll respond, "No, mom I'm busy. You can do it." Well, I'm sure I deserve some of the blame for that response because I might have said it on occassion. But anyways, back to my story. I was very patient and did pretty well, but one can only handle so much.....and when I get overwhelmed by a certain emotion or feeling-whether it's joy, sadness, stress, disobedient children- I cry. So when Scott walked in the door at 515pm, he came over and found me sitting at the kitchen table feeding Annabelle with tears in my eyes. I got up to give him a hug and he said, "The kids?" And I said yes and the tears just flowed. Then I asked him if he would mind if I went out for a little while after dinner. He said that'd be fine and then I told him to just call my cell once the two oldest were in bed. My husband is the best man I know. I love him dearly and am so grateful to have his love and support. I don't know what I'd do without him....probably be crying all day every day. :). No, the truth is we don't have days like this very often. And thank goodness for that! Thanks Scott for taking over tonight. He just called so I'm headed home, and feeling much better.

6 comments:

kelley said...

What a beautiful story. I love your family!!

Casey said...

Oh Elisa, I can really relate. Char sounds a lot like William. Maybe it's a boy thing?

carrie r. said...

I know just how you feel. :) I am a relatively peaceful person, I like quiet, and Georgia is one who loves to whine/yell/cry/repeat my name constantly, and it does brutal things to my sanity! It is hard being a mom. I am glad Scott was willing to help you out so you could have some time to yourself.

berrymom said...

You handled that stress so wonderfully. I can definitely relate to the way you were feeling. I hope those days are few and far between...for both you and me :)

April said...

Good job, Scott. I'm glad you took advantage (in the best sense of the word)of Scott's willingness, E.

Ludwig Family Blog said...

I have definitely had days like that before! What a good idea to get out of the house and get a breath of fresh air. Yay for Scott! Next time you have one of those days, you should CALL me and I will watch your kids so you can take a little break. I would not mind at all!