Sunday, January 4, 2009

Random

Some random thoughts:
1. I’m one of those people that likes to dip their french fries in shakes/ice cream. I also like to dip potato chips in ice cream…Scott thinks this is unappetizing. But I think his peanut butter and jelly and Dorito sandwich isn’t very appetizing either. Oh well, we’re all different and like different things. (We don’t do this often because we rarely have chips, French fries, or ice cream in the house…but we do have them for the holidays!)



2. My sweet neighbor Betsy gave us this ‘Believe in the magic’ sign for Christmas and I love it! Thanks Betsy and Michael!

3. We just finished painting our upstairs main bathroom...it'll be the same color as the rooms in the basement, I'm boring that way, I like all the same boring tan colors everywhere....and we had extra paint from doing the downstairs that I didn't want to waste so that's what we're using! It's hard doing projects like this with three little kids running around trying to get into and touch things. So we tried to be speedy and efficient: we primed it and put on the first coat last night after the kids went to bed and then this morning while Annabelle took her nap we put on the Polar Express movie for the kids and finished the job!


4. Charlie is going to be three years old this Tuesday the 6th! They grow much too fast! He sure is cute and he’s getting so independent(in the picture below he had pulled a chair over to the counter, climbed up and got his own bowl). Stay little please! I love you just the way you are!
5. We had bought all the ingredients to make chocolate and white chocolate peanut butter balls to add to our plate of goodies for Christmas but then we got tired from all of our other baking and decided to wait until another time....that other time was New Year's Eve, and Elisabeth was such a good helper! And they are SO yummy!

3 comments:

The Horne's said...

Elisa, I have read many posts about you being chocolate free for I think you said 6 years! Wow..amazing - I can't believe how you can cook and bake with chocolate and not eat it. That is self control. :-) Now, my other question would be, how you know they are yummy, if you didn't eat any! :-)

Betsy said...

I'm so glad you liked the christmas sign!! Thank you for the yummy plate of treats!! It looks like you had a fun christmas together!!

Elisa said...

Oh, well I eat white chocolate :). just not chocolate. I'm not addicted to white chocolate like I was to chocolate. I don't eat it very much even though I can.