Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Twilight movie and Brisingr

On opening day of the Twilight movie, Maren and I went to a theater and saw Twilight! The movie wasn’t that great, I mean there’s no way a 2 hour film is going to be as good or complete as a 500+ page book because some details will have to be left out. But it wasn’t terrible(in my opinion), mostly the filming was weird…it seemed very low budget, but anyways it was okay and I would like to see it again but I'll probably wait until it comes out to the redbox.

I finally got Brisingr(the third Eragon book)from the library! I was so excited but now it’s been over a week and I’m still not done and have been skimming a lot…it’s something like 750 pages and has a lot more war scenes which I am completely not into, and too many descriptions of the land and buildings etc. which I also don’t really care much about. Oh and I found out that this will not be the last book of the series but there is still going to be one more which I’m sure I’ll read to find out what happens in the end but I’m not really excited about it. So there you have it, I’ve been disappointed twice in the past month because of something I built up in my mind with very high hopes. But hey, at least I was able to go see a movie in the theater with a girlfriend(all my kids were in bed when I got home!), that alone was a lot of fun! Oh yes, and speaking of little children being in bed, last week I rented a Time Out For Women dvd from the library which was very entertaining. I loved all the talks and the music. Hilary Weeks performed a song she sang to the tune of, 'these are a few of my favorite things'. So go ahead and imagine that tune and then change the lyrics with these:
"Bed time and nap time, and bed time and nap time.
Bed time and nap time, and bed time and nap time.
Did I mention it's nice when the kids go to sleep,
these are a few of my favorite things."

I loved it! And then the next verse goes, "When the kids fight, when my husbands late, when I'm feeling sad. I open the freezer pull out the icecream, and then I don't feel so bad!" It was a very cute song.

P.S. Notice any difference in the quality of the pictures? You can make out what's actually in the photo now huh? We got a new camera, but I'll do a post about that later.

No comments: