Saturday, December 6, 2008

Santa cake

Wednesday and Thursday I worked on a cake for our book club Christmas potluck(thanks Gina for the inspiration!).
While I was decorating, Charlie dragged a chair over to the counter where I was working, climbed up and asked, “Mommy, is this cake for someone else?” Most of the cakes that I make are for, ‘someone else’ and even though I’m commonly asked who it’s for, this day in particular, I was touched by his inquiry which made me put myself in his shoes. I saw a little boy who watches his mom make pretty cakes, and then sends them off yet he doesn’t get to enjoy it himself besides eating part of the top that I cut off so that the finished cake is nice and flat; but it is far from anything pretty especially since I just mix together the various colors of left over frosting.

So anyways, I decided to make a special Santa cake for the kids too, and Elisabeth got to help a little with smoothing the frosting and filling in Santa’s clothes and hat with stars. She did an excellent job!

And here is our happy little Annabelle!

5 comments:

Esther said...

Those cakes are awesome! Cute pictures of your kids too!

Gina said...

OH!! The cake turned out FANTASTIC!! I love it!!

Ben said...

Elisa,

I am a man and don't say what a girl wants to hear just to say it. When I say it I mean it. That Santa cake you made was PHENOMENAL! Honestly, pat yourself on the back for that one.

carrie r. said...

What a cool cake! Your cakes are phenomenal Elisa! And that was so nice to make a cake just for your kids. I bet Charlie was thrilled.

Aunna said...

You have a great talent! I loved the cake! And it was sweet of you to make one for the kids. I'm sure they loved it.