Saturday, October 18, 2008

Weekly events

I just wanted to record a few of the other things we did over the last week or so for my journal:


  • I went horseback riding again! And we ran a lot! It was so much fun! Though I think I was the only one there who had one had on the horn of the saddle whenever the horses would run(holding on for dear life, in a fun and exciting sort of way), everyone else just held the reigns and were so relaxed, (sigh) I want to be like that some day. I just need more practice.

  • Annabelle now says 'Mama' and 'Dada', though it should be known that her first word was in fact 'Mama' which she's been saying for a couple of weeks now. (I can't remember if that's true for the other two kids...they might have said 'Dada' first).
  • I had the kids go out back and build me beautiful sand castles and when they were done they were supposed to come get me so that I could take pictures of them(I used this as an attempt to get them out of the house for a little while so that I could get some things done)Only Elisabeth ended up building one. Charles said he didn't want to build he just wanted to knock them down. So we let him knock down Elisabeth's after we took a picture.
    • Friday Scott and I had a date movie night. I made carmel corn and we cuddled up on the couch and watched one of our movies(it was the newer version of Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightley...we didn't have time for the 6 hour one otherwise I would've loved to watch that)
    • Saturday Scott and I got on the roof, drained the swamp cooler and covered it for winter. This was my first time getting on our roof but I really wanted to learn how to do it myself just in case there's an emergency in the future and Scott's not home.

    No comments: