Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We love peanut butter!

Our family LOVES peanut butter. We each have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch every single day(we’re boring), we love peanut butter bars with peanut butter frosting, and one of Scott’s favorite treats are peanut butter cups. Today we found another reason why we love peanut butter….but let me back up a little so that you can all enjoy the story.

We have Sacrament meeting last during church. Last Sunday while we were sitting in Sacrament meeting and about half way through Charles got bored and decided to lay down on the carpet which he does every Sunday. He was rocking back and forth on his back under the pew in front of us when I noticed our neighbors sitting on the pew started looking around for something; our neighbors consist of a Mom and Dad, they’re daughter in her twenties and her 8 year old daughter. Anyways, all of them were frantically searching and whispering about whatever it was that was lost. Then Char gets up from the floor and I notice something white in his hair. I whisper to him to come close and then I touch it and discover what our neighbors granddaughter had lost: her gum! I tapped the mom on her shoulder and quietly asked if her 8 year old daughter had lost her gum which she nodded in reply and so I told her we found it and pointed at the gum stuck in Char’s hair. She got this horrified look on her face and then I just couldn’t control myself I started laughing(silently) so hard that my whole body frame was shaking, my face I’m sure was red, and my eyes were tearing up. Throughout the rest of the meeting whenever I’d look over at Char I couldn’t help but laugh. It was pretty funny.

And so back to the peanut butter. I’m so glad that we always have peanut butter on hand because it made dislodging the gum from Charlie’s hair pretty smooth and easy once we got home.

5 comments:

ABW said...

yummy!

rachael said...

nice... i didnt know that about peanut butter

LINDSAY said...

that is too funny! and nice to know that peanut butter can do that

The Frosts said...

How funny! I had to cut some gum out of M's hair not too long ago. I guess I should have tried PB. And I know I haven't commented in awhile (even though I'm always reading!) but I just cannot get over how much Annabelle looks like Elisabeth. Cute kiddos

Chase and Kimberlyn said...

Oh dear, glad it came out though. Thank goodness for peanut butter