Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween decorations


I love this time of year! October we get to spend the month getting ready for Halloween, November Thanksgiving and December Christmas! There are always tons of easy and fun crafts and activities to do with kids during this time of year which gives us something to look forward to each day/week. Yesterday the kids and I pulled out our Halloween decorations! We went back to the garden and picked out 5 pumpkins: one for each family member(how cool is that?! To get pumpkins from your own garden in your backyard!). We'll probably paint and/or carve them in a couple of weeks.Today the kids and I made a Halloween tree(thanks Lindsay for the idea!). This was great because the kids got to help and it took quite a bit of time. First we went outside and found some sticks, brought them in, stuck them in a vase and then we pulled out markers, construction paper, tissues, bubble gum(to stuff the 'ghost' tissues with because that's what we had on hand) and cotton balls and we created our own little home made Halloween tree. And the great thing about this is that we don't have to store it for a year to use again next Halloween, instead we can just throw it away and make a new which will give us something to look forward to and time to busy ourselves.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cute Elisa! I wish I had a cute house like yours to decorate! By the way, we ate your cake that you made for Jake and it was Fabulous! That was so nice of you guys to do!

rachael said...

Fun!! I love halloween too!

LeMira said...

Very cute! You may have to buy more pumpkins in two weeks, though if the ones you buy go rotten.

Maryann said...

I like the Holloween tree idea. I am always looking for fun things to do with the children. Perhaps I will try to make something like that with them.

Robin said...

Cute decorations! I love how loving your kids are :). This week we made fruit loop necklaces. I taped a toothpick onto some string so it was easier for Shaun to handle. He loves doing it and it reminded me that he needs to be busy. So I think we'll be checking out this Halloween Tree idea too. Thanks!

Angela said...

Very cute, Elisa! Sigh..I am missing so much:( BUT, I am so grateful for technology and for YOU for taking the time to share. I check your blog every day looking for new pictures. I'm pathetic! Love you ALL so much.

Alisa said...

CUTE decorations! Quick question for you: how do you make your title at the top of your blog? Do you use some sort of digital scrapbooking software? I'm looking into starting digital scrapbooks of my own, but I'm hoping to find someone who has some experience so they can point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Alisa

carrie r. said...

How fun. I love fall and halloween!