Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Canning tomatoes

Last Friday night I borrowed Elisa's(my friend) water bath and Scott, Krissy(Scott's sister) and I canned some of our tomatoes. We filled the water bath once and canned 7 jars and I'm pleased to say that I heard the 'pops' on the tops of the jars and they all sealed. This was our first real canning experience and it went well and we enjoyed it. I'm glad that I had Scott and Krissy's help and company.
Today we went out back and picked more zucchini, serrano chiles, and tomatoes. The kids LOVE picking the fruit/veggies off the plants so we usually do it all together a couple of times a week after dinner.
What does Annabelle do while we're in the garden? She sits on the lawn and watches while eating grass.

5 comments:

rachael said...

fun. I AM IMPRESSED WITH YOUR GARDEN.

ABW said...

it is funny how much entertainment a garden brings, isn't it? good work on the tomatoes.

LINDSAY said...

so impressive! I really need to learn to can. I am excited to have a garden--hopefully soon!

The Horne's said...

Annabelle is adorable! And i LOVE Charles "camera" smile!

April said...

Isn't it cool to be able to say you canned your own produce? Very rewarding.