Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cakes and a Halloween Party

This week I made two buttercream cakes(I almost always make buttercream...they taste so much better than fondant in my opinion): one for Scott’s work and the other for Elisa’s (my friend, not me) Halloween party on Friday. Scott’s work held a training this week for traffic software and employees from the same firm flew in from different states to participate. Scott helped make the lunch arrangements so one day they got a cake with their work logo: CORE which stands for I-15 corridor expansion. Anyways, Scott was the mastermind behind the cake and I think it turned out nice…all the engineers really liked it and Scott said they cut around the letter ‘O’ with the number‘15’ in the middle. I was pleased that they noticed the little details and enjoyed the cake. Oh and the cars and the red letters are made from fondant.I had a lot of fun making the Halloween cake, and we had some left over cake mix so we also got to make a few Halloween cupcakes for the kids.I had been wanting to make a Halloween cake for the past few years but never really had an excuse, so thanks Elisa for giving me the opportunity to make a big and fun Halloween cake.




The party was so fun! Elisa had a bunch of different activities and crafts going that the kids could participate in and she even had a donut-on-a-string eating contest! Scott and I did the donut eating contest with another couple…it was a lot harder than it looked; neither one of us won but it was still really fun. I don't know if you can tell in the pictures but I was dressed up as Harry Potter and Scott was dressed up as himself....boring! :) But I love you honey!

8 comments:

The Clarks said...

WOW! I LOVED your halloween cake! Very nice!

The Frosts said...

Elisa! Your halloween cake is AMAZING!! Totally to die for. Party looks fun too. I need a tutorial on how to do fondant. Is it hard? I want to do it on A's 1st birthday cake. Great work, as always! (PS, your new banner is adorable!)

LINDSAY said...

your cakes are so so creative! you do such a great job.

carrie r. said...

I love your cakes Elisa! Especially that halloween cake! Did you come up with that all on your own? What a fun design.

rachael said...

way to go. your cakes look great! and the party looks like it was fun!

MarieC said...

Your cakes are FANTASTIC! I'm so impressed...just one of your many many talents. And, yes, I could tell you were HARRY! :-)

JP said...

Wow, you are such a pro with the cakes now. I can't believe how many you do! I got stressed out about my one cake I did this year for Kelsey's 1st birthday - it it just came from a box, put frosting and whipped cream on it! It looks like you guys had a fun halloween party.

Ludwig Family Blog said...

Your cake was INCREDIBLE! Thanks so much for making it for the party. It was a hit, too. Everybody kept talking about how good it looked. Thanks for all of your help with setting up and everything else. You are great!