Sunday, October 26, 2008

April's baby shower

Saturday I was able to see a couple of my former roommates at April's baby shower(she is also one of my former roommates). They had some new fun games that I'd never played before...one had a little baby figurine in ice in a cup...you were supposed to see who could 'break the water' first by licking it or warming it with your hands- I asked if you could put it in the microwave but apparently that's cheating. April's mom went and ran it under some warm water, but that's cheating too so she had to start over. I ended up winning by sucking on the thing for quite some time. My hands and lips were purple and freezing by the time the baby finally came out of the ice :)... April's Grandma almost beat me(you'll notice in the picture that Grandma's eyeing me: she's probably a little concerned with the competition)! We all had a blast, oh and the food was SO good and it looked so pretty! Someone carved a giant pumpkin into the shape of a carriage and put a chicken casserole inside! It was really cool.
I brought a girl gift and put it in a pink gift bad that read it's a girl' on the outside...I made sure to double check the gender a month ago when I got the invitation. Apparently when I got the gift ready just before the shower Saturday I forgot what the gender was because she's having a boy. Another one of my roommates, Shayla, was handing April the gifts to unwraps so I came up behind Shay and whispered for her to discreetly hand me back my gift bag. She did and then I found a plastic garbage bag and stuck it inside and just gave April the card with a 'P.S.' note on the side that said I owed her a boy gift since I brought a girl gift. If it was anyone else I would have been mortified but since it was April and Shay that were the only people who saw my mistake it wasn't too bad. :) Whoops! Sorry April...I'll bring you another gift soon. I can't wait to meet your little guy!

5 comments:

berrymom said...

Oh Elisa I am still laughing! That is something I would do. I'm glad you have fun...I wish I could have been there.

Chase and Kimberlyn said...

That's something I would totally do too, it's an honest mistake. We have a blog now...yay.

JP said...

Whoops! I can totally see myself doing that! I echo Jen, wish I could have been there! Can't wait to see her - I mean him!! ;P

April said...

hehehe. You are awesome, E. If you haven't already, check out my blog with the pictures of you vs. Grandma sucking the ice....love it.

Mary said...

How fun!