Saturday, June 7, 2008

Trading beds

The kids swapped beds this week. We found a twin bed on craigslist that we picked up for Elisabeth, we handed her toddler bed down to Charles, and moved his crib into Annabelle's room. I know her bumper is blue, but blue is all we have so that's what she gets :) Annabelle had been sleeping in our room in her bassinet and I had planned on leaving her in there for a couple more months, but she's sleeping so well that I decided to give her new room and crib a try and it's going really well so far. If she keeps it up then we'll probably take the bassinet down next week, but for now it's just sitting in our room in case it's needed. Some nights I do have to get up once to feed her, but I still feel like I'm sleeping better despite the middle of the night walk because I am a light sleeper and Annabelle makes little noises and moves around in her sleep, but now that I'm a room away I don't wake up to all the little noises, just to the louder ones, the ones that mean she's awake and ready to eat.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Nice! How is Char doing with it? Has he learned to read the clock like Elisabeth? I am seriously contemplating getting another crib so Shaun can keep his when we move Reesie.

Maren said...

Yeah for the bed swap. What a bonus to have a little extra sleep and to not have any bed switching drama.

Ben & Casey said...

We've had the toddler bed up for a few months but I'm too scared to make the switch. Does Charlie still take naps? Does he get out of bed and wander the house? (These are all the things I'm worried about.)

MarieC said...

Yeah for Craigslist! And, I don't think Annabelle will suffer any lasting trauma from having a blue bumper. :-)