Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tae Bo

I exercise 5 times a week, Monday through Friday, on my elliptical machine for about half an hour. After we finish up breakfast and the kids get dressed, Annabelle goes down for her morning nap and the kids want to watch a dvd, usually leap frog or Dora, so I let them do that while I work out on the elliptical machine while reading a book or Ensign articles. I love doing this because I get a little bit of time to myself and it gives me some extra energy. It works out pretty well for us. Walks and runs have gotten too difficult with three kids. I only have a double stroller so either Elisabeth would need to walk or ride her bike or I'd have to strap on Annabelle and it just seemed like too much to do every day.


When my dad came out to visit, my mom sent us a few things. One of the things she sent out was the Tae Bo II Advanced video with Billy Blanks. She knows I have the first one(it used to be hers but no one ever used the advanced one but me she let me have it) and thought I might like this one as well. The last couple of days I've been wanting to do something a little different for exercise so I put in this video and tried it out. The kids mostly just watched me(for 60 minutes!), though sometimes they'd do some of the exercises too. It was hard but it felt so good and I worked up a good sweat! At the end of the the work out Billy gave a little pep talk that I liked. He said to talk positively and to "Remember the words that proceed out of your mouth to make it be positive to your life and to somebody else's life. Anything that is negative take it out and throw it away because you don’t want your ears to hear it because whatever your ears hear is usually what you do. So take it and throw it away and be positive from this time on and you’ll start to reach your goals."


So there you go! Thoughts on life from Billy Blanks!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Billy Blanks is annoying and inspiring at the same time. I don't get it. :o) Way to go though. I check out the newer Billy Blanks DVDs at the library often and I like those (Celebrity Fit Cardio and Sculpt). If you can work out five days a week with three little ones at home, I can too! Thanks for the inpsiration!

ABW said...

nicely put billy boy!

The Hornes'es said...

Funny that you mention Tae Bo because sometimes I like to go onto On Demand on our TV and do their free exercise videos! Last night there was a Tae Bo Extreme on there, that is 41 minutes so I decided to to do it! It was good, worked up a good sweat! He's so motivating and and LOVE how is back up people count - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 - if you can hear how they are counting it. Emphasis on 2, 4, 6, 8. It's motivating! Good for you!

LeMira said...

Just don't take his fashion advice (by what he wears I mean). Some of his outfits are really outrageous.

Elisa said...

Yeah, Lemira, his outfits remind me of the karate instructor on Napolean Dynaminte w/the american flag...wouldn't want to get a round house kick in the face w/those on :)