Monday, June 16, 2008

Hape Fothrs Day

Since this is our family journal I thought I'd add a couple more things about Father's Day for our records. Sunday morning we made pancakes and bacon for Daddy. Saturday night we made a Father's Day dinner because Gina and Ben invited us over for Sunday evening with her family(thanks guys, the food was great and the company was even better!). At church on Sunday Elisabeth gave her first talk in primary(it was on the blessings of temples)! She did a really good job, spoke nice and clear into the microphone with me whispering behind her. During sacrament meeting both Charles and Elisabeth got up to sing, "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" with the rest of the Primary children. This was Charlie's first time up to the front to sing, technically he's not supposed to go up there until he's a sunbeam which won't happen for another year and a half, but he wanted to so we let him. Even though he knows all the words he didn't actually sing, he just stood there and looked out at everyone :). Elisabeth sang loud and beautifully and she was one of the only people to do all the hand motions :), very cute!


Elisabeth and I made Scott a Father's Day card during our girls night on Friday. I asked her to try and do it all by herself. She's been able to sound out short words for awhile like 'cat', 'dog', 'man' etc., and of course she knows how to spell her name, but I hadn't ever asked her to try out longer words. I was very impressed with what she came up with(she has a 'th' in her name and so we've had a couple of lessons on the sounds 'th' can make). She did ask me to help her with 'Day'. At first she just wrote 'Da' but didn't think that looked right so she asked me to help her and so I gave her the 'y'. Elisabeth, my 3 year old darling(okay, almost 4), you are one smart girl!

2 comments:

Maryann said...

Wow, she did a really good job on figuring out those letters! What a cute girl. :-)

Maryann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.