Sunday, April 13, 2008

A special day

Today was a special day. Not only is it my 25th birthday, but Annabelle received her baby blessing today, Scott and I sang a duet in church and Scott's family was in attendance for it all from North Carolina. We tried to get a nice family photo with just the 5 of us. Unfortunately Elisabeth got a splinter in her hand from our last photo shoot on the play ground and Charles wanted to be done and move on to playing with his sand bucket so this is what we came up with:I wanted an ice cream cake this year so that's what I made. The actual cake part is Funfetti and then the middle filling is an ice cream called 'cake batter' (my absolute favorite!) that I picked up from Cold Stone Creamery the other day. I frosted the top and sides with my favorite butter cream icing recipe and then added some sprinkles and recees pieces. It was very yummy!

Yesterday for my birthday celebration we got a HUGE pizza from the Pie and then Scott and I were able to attend the temple together while the family babysat the kids, which was something we haven't been able to do since Annabelle's birth.

12 comments:

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Elisa! What a neat day. So glad you had family in town for the day. Glad you had a good birthday. That cake looks yummy!!

Maren said...

Mmm, that pizza looks good!And Happy Birthday! I knew it was in April, and then came April, and I forgot. Oops! I am glad it was such a memorable day. The blessing was beautiful and so was your song. You should do a musical number every week. I miss having a musical number almost every week.

Ben & Casey said...

Happy Birthday! You look amazing!

Rachel Lassen said...

Happy Birthday Elisa!! And Congratulations on Annabelles Blessing. Her Dress is Adorable. My mom and dad said it was a really nice blessing and that the song you and Scott sang was beautiful. I would have loved to have been there.

The Taylor Bunch said...

Happy Birthday E! Remember our freshman year birthdays? I just thought about it and laughed. You are so great E! I hope to see you soon!

jj said...

Glad you had a happy birthday Elisa and that everything is going well for you and your family. Annabelle is so darn cute!

Maryann said...

Congratulations on the baby blessing and the birthday! Your family is so beautiful!

Robin said...

Wow! What a day! Annabelle is such a cutie, I love her head band. And you are looking great too! That ice cream cake looks really good...

carrie r. said...

Happy Birthday Elisa!! Wow, you really did have a special day. I did not know that you and Scott both sing, that is neat! And the cake looks delicious, as usual.

PS, you and baby Annabelle both look so beautiful!

ABW said...

Happy Birthday! That looks like one tasty cake, good work. I think that Scott should have made you one though! Congrats on the blessing of sweet little Annabelle. I wish that we could have been there for it, we picked a bad weekend to get away I guess.

rachael said...

elisa, i am so glad you had a happy birthday, did you get my email?

Clark Family said...

I'm glad that you had a Happy 25th Birthday, and how wonderful that you were able to have Annabelle blessed too! She's adorable!