Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Smiles(finally!) and getting around

Annabelle finally started smiling(while awake) about a week ago, around 6 weeks of age. We were so anxious so see her smile so we're savoring every single one that she flashes at us. I was lucky to catch one on camera this morning:Annabelle sleeps in a bassinet next to my bed. One of the sides comes off so we have it set up that way for now because it makes it really easy for me to reach in and get her at night when she wakes up and is hungry. Yesterday she was napping in there while we were getting dinner ready and I heard her stirring so I went back to check and this is what I found:
I don't know how she did it but she was laying on her back in the bassinet and somehow she must have rolled over and out of the bassinet (thank goodness it was pressed up against my bed!), onto my bed, on her tummy! Crazy girl, we're going to have to put the siding up again today.

7 comments:

Ben & Casey said...

Wow! Maybe she had help from an older sibling. :)

Thanks for the granola recipe, I'm excited to give it a try.

Elisa said...

That was my first thought too, that a sibling had been in there, but then I remembered that Scott had just checked on her a couple of minutes before and since then the kids were both sitting at the table, and Charles was even strapped into his seat.

carrie r. said...

rolling already...that is amazing! And she sure has a cute smile. It's wonderful when they start interacting like that.

Robin said...

Hooray! What a sweetie...and it sounds like she's pretty active already!

Rachel Lassen said...

Very sweet smile. so cute. Thanks for the granola recipe, I love granola and am always looking for great snacks that are healthy and filling can't wait to make it. It sounds like Annabelle is going to be a mover!

rachael said...

wow ! yeah for the smiles , it melts my heart! she is so cute!! i cant believe she is on the move!

Mary said...

Yikes! Rolling already? That is SO fortunate that your bassinet was against your bed. Scary!!