Tuesday, February 19, 2008

We love sweet Annabelle!

I've decided that newborns are the sweetest most wonderful things on earth(along with my husband and children of course :))! They are so soft, warm and cuddly, they have an amazing distinct baby smell, and are so tiny and compact that I just want to hold them all day long and never let them go. This reminds me of a Cosby episode where Dr. Huxtable doesn't want his wife to hold a little baby because he says they are a trap that can sell anything! He says that right now they are so sweet and little and smell so good, but you've got to remember that it grows up! They become teenagers and want your money and cause problems. It's false advertising and totally dishonest.... or so he says :). Anyways, enough of the Cosby Show and on to our sweet little Annabelle.

Annabelle is currently sleeping in bed with us (we did this with both our other kids as well for at least the first couple weeks of life) and she is such a dream. She wakes up every 2-3 hours to nurse and then goes right back to sleep. I'm also mostly asleep during the nursing since we're lying in bed which is nice because I don't feel much sleep deprivation. We feel so blessed to be able to raise another one of Heavenly Father's beautiful and precious children.

This little girl is just so cute that I find myself constantly snapping photos so that I can always remember how little and sweet she was. In most of the pictures her eyes are closed because she always seems to be sleeping, though I did manage to get one with her eyes opened. Unfortunately they were also crossed, oh well, it's still too cute. I even got one with her smiling (probably due to gas :))!

Annabelle with Granny Garnica

8 comments:

ABW said...

adorable!

Ben & Casey said...

Newborns are so great! I bring our little one's into bed so I can sleep while they nurse too! It's the only way I can cope with the lack of sleep. Henry is now sleeping in his own bed most of the night so I'm pretty lucky. Annabelle is a beauty! :)

rachael said...

adorable i think she is so cute. i cant wait to hold her!

Gina said...

I totally agree. I would hold a newborn all day if I could. Can't wait to come hold her again.

Nancy said...

Congrats!She is very beautiful. I am happy that you are doing well too. Take a good care of new daughter and your self. And give a hug to Elithabeth and Charls. Coloe and Charlene are also miss you guys too. We hope to see you again.

Angela said...

She is a beauty! You are smart to let her sleep with you and nurse at will. I did that with my kids and it sure helps you get some much needed rest, not to mention the security it offers to Annabelle. I can't wait to see her and hold her!

Mary said...

I agree... newborns are just a bit of heaven on earth. She is so cute... keep the pictures coming. Hold her as much as you can, because they grow too fast! I am so happy for you to have this little angel!

Brian, Maren & Brigham said...

I love holding newborns as well. A. They are so cute and cuddly. 2. They are so light! You can do anything with them in your one arm and not feel like you are breaking your back to do it. and D. It feels like you are doing something productive just be holding them.