Sunday, February 10, 2008

Book Review

I recently finished Dean Hughes, Children of the Promise books which includes 5 historic novels. These books focus on a couple of families that are living during the time of World War 2. A few of the family members are fighting in the war. I didn't like reading all the war details and in fact I ended up skimming through a lot of the war prisoner and battle stuff because it was a little too much for me but overall I really liked these books. I liked how well I got to know a couple of the families and I was a little sad when it had to end. But there is another continuing series that Hughes did later called the Hearts of the Children that I'll probably try to get a hold of soon.

6 comments:

Stacie said...

I own both of those series and read them awhile ago. Loved them!

Ben & Casey said...

Hey Elisa! I remember you blogging about a good parenting book awhile back, but I can't remember the title. Do you know? Thanks!

Brian, Maren & Brigham said...

Wahoo! 5 Days till the baby comes!!! That is so exciting! Yea, the book review was good and i think i will read them, But Yea!!!! for the baby coming soon!!!

berrymom said...

They sound like they are worth reading. Thanks for the review. Good luck with the delivery! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one!

rachael said...

Hey i saw you walking today! i was trying to get out the door to say hi ! how are you ? it is getting so close! let me know if you need anything!

The Taylor Bunch said...

Your baby widget is making me nervous! Although I am pretty sure that baby isn't floating around anymore! I miss you! Good luck! If you need anything, call me.