Tuesday, February 5, 2008

38 weeks

I had my 38 week doctor's appointment today and I was hoping to report some great news on my progression but unfortunately, my doctor was busy delivering someone else's baby so I didn't get my cervix checked. The nurses checked the heartbeat and measured my abdomen and everything is looking normal, so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping that the baby will come before my next appointment which is in a week but who knows? My mom flies in a week from tomorrow (Wednesday the 13th) and my due date is that Friday the 15th, and if the baby doesn't come by then, I'll be induced on Saturday the 16th. With both my other kids I never made it to my due date so I'm hoping that will be the case with this one too. I've been doing a lot of physical activity lately, hoping to help get things started but so far it doesn't seem to be helping any. If anyone has any suggestions for things that worked well for them, or for someone they know, to help get labor going, feel free to share, I'm willing to try different things as long as they're pretty safe :).

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I scrubbed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees! I ended up with a really clean floor and a really cute baby. :o) Good luck!

carrie r. said...

Good luck, Elisa! I'm so excited to meet (or, at least see pictures of) the next Smith baby! I'll be thinking of you. :)

Katie and Eric said...

Good Luck! We will be waiting for the good news!!!

berrymom said...

I was on my hands and knees for over an hour grouting our tile floor. That did it. I will be thinking of you. Good luck!