Saturday, January 26, 2008

Party!

On Thursday, Scott's birthday, we had a special breakfast and dinner(thanks Angela and Scott for the Omaha steaks, Scott was excited to eat them!) and he opened his gifts. Then last night, Friday, was our scheduled date to celebrate Scott's birthday. Our friends the Arkell's watched our kids for us while Scott and I went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill (thanks mom and dad for the gift card!) and then afterwards we went back to the Arkells to sing Happy Birthday and eat the cookie cakes. This is the third year in a row that Scott has requested a cookie cake for his birthday...I think he gets sick of all the cake we eat through out the year since I like to decorate :); and he even requested that the cookie cake have peanut butter frosting on top. I wouldn't be able to decorate very well with peanut butter frosting but I was determined to use my skills some how so I decided to make 2 cookie cakes, one was plain with peanut butter frosting and the other I decorated with the Atlanta Braves logo on it which is Scott's favorite team. We don't get to go out on dates often so this was a special treat(thanks Arkell's!).

Cookie cake pictures:After eating the cookie, the kids were being pretty silly: Elisabeth, Evan and Sara

Elisabeth painted and colored this picture all by herself, minus the 'happy birthday daddy' part. She didn't even need help writing her name, which is pretty hard considering she has 9 letters! It's the first time I had seen her write her name so nice, neat and in a row!Almost brought tears to my eyes :), okay not really. And she recently learned how to draw people which you can see on the far right hand side.

5 comments:

rachael said...

so much fun! i cant believe she can write her name! she is getting so big! and yes i am ready for some more volleyball. sign me up!

The Hornes'es said...

Elisa, you are so creative!! Great job on the cookie cake!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Scott! Hope you had fun...and Elisa-the Atlanta Braves cookie one looks SO good!

The Higgins said...

My name is Nataly and I came across your site when I googled, "Snow White Birthday Cake". Your cake Idea was wonderful and I cant wait to surprise my little princess on her 3rd birthday. I am from Atlanta and your cookie cake does us proud! Cant wait to read more.

berrymom said...

Great job on the cakes. I love Elisabeth's drawing. It is so fun to see them learn to draw!