Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FHE funnel cakes

Last night after our Family Home Evening lesson we made funnel cakes. My mom got us a funnel cake kit a couple of months ago and we decided to pull it out and use it as our activity and treat for FHE. They were SO yummy! A little too yummy... we ate so much that a few of us had tummy aches afterwards. I suppose we needed to exercise a little more self control :). My kids (mostly Elisabeth) can be pretty picky eaters and refuse to try new things but they did and really liked them. Now I just need to find a recipe for funnel cakes because the mix that came with the kit is almost gone.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I've always wanted to make our own funnel cakes. Can you do it without the kit? Let us know if you find a good recipe!

Maren said...

Oh, that looks so good. Brian has just informed me he has never had a funnel cake-he has no idea what it is! How is that possible? Apparently he never went to the county fair.

JP said...

What a fun FHE!! IT looks yummy! I guess I haven't been on your site for some reason in awhile but I LOVE your new heading! It may not even be that new! I've had fun catching up - looks like you guys are doing great!

carrie r. said...

I'd like to meet the person who can exercise control when it comes to funnel cakes. I think the last time I overate to the point of sickness was when we went to the fair last August...and got a funnel cake! They're so good but can do a number on the stomach!

Angela said...

Very impressive Elisa! Looks just like what you get at the fair! I love funnel cake...all that fat and sugar..yummm!