Monday, January 7, 2008

Becca and Bella


Last Friday December 28th, my sister Becca and her daughter Bella(16 months old) flew out from Seattle to visit us and they just left this morning. It was so nice to have them here. I loved having another adult around during the day to stay at home with us and just talk, especially since we no longer have much family around. The kids played so well together(besides Charles constantly wanting to lay on top of Bella, though he wasn't trying to be mean), they entertained each other and Becca and I got to talk and relax and enjoy one another's company. Becca was so sweet and was always helping me with dishes and other household chores.
Becca is a fantastic hairdresser and so whenever I see her she does something with my hair. She chopped it last week, it hasn't been this short since I was in middle school. I was really nervous about it at first but I really like it now. It's just barely long enough to fit into a ponytail though I have to use several bobby pins to keep it all back. It also is a little bit longer in the front than in the back. This is not a great picture, but it's the best I can do at 35 weeks of being pregnant(I know, my face is really wide right now).

Becca is 2 years younger than me and it's interesting because growing up people didn't really tell us that we looked alike, but since she's been out here lot's of people have said we look very much alike and in fact 3 times we were asked if we were twins! I just think that's incredible because she is this beauty and I am huge and very ordinary looking so I hope she didn't feel bad that people thought we could possibly be twins. Now Charles and Bella on the other hand look quite a bit a like, in fact they look much more like brother and sister than Charles and Elisabeth. We were so sad to see them go and today seemed to go by so much slower than from when they were with us. Also Scott has had more time off recently because of holidays but now he's back to working full time all week which we don't like, but deal with. The one thought that gives me much comfort right now is the fact that my mom will be coming to stay with us next month around the time that the baby arrives. 5 more weeks!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey lady! Hot picture of me in the kitchen. You look great, I wish I looked like you when I was pregnant. It was fun being there! Take Care!

Ben & Casey said...

I love your hair! I chopped mine that short (first time for me too) and I love it.

I can't believe you are almost to your due date! I hope the last few weeks pass quickly for you. :)

Angela said...

Oh boy, you have the mommy "do". It looks wonderful AND you are a rare beauty, my dear, ESPECIALLY when you are pregnant. I think your face looks beautiful when you are pregnant!

I'm so glad that your mom is going to be there with you. You must really be looking forward to that. Give her my love.

Rachel said...

Hi Elisa! I love the haircut and I love checking up on your cute little family. We miss all our fun friends up there! Good luck with that baby...I'll be checking back often for updates! :)

berrymom said...

It is so fun to have people come visit. I know exactly what you mean when you say that the day goes much slower after they leave. Good luck with this last few weeks of pregnancy. You look great!