Sunday, December 23, 2007

Holiday Activities Continued...

Last week we made some reindeer bell necklaces. The kids love wearing them, I'm glad Scott remembered this idea from his childhood. We bought some lofthouse cookies (my favorite store bought cookie, I know that lots of you can't stand these but I think they're great!) and I'm proud to say that it took us 3 days to finish the box of 10...I didn't know if I could control myself, but I think I did pretty good :). The kids LOVED these too (probably because they're loaded with icing, that's why I like them too)! Thursday night I drove down to my Aunt and Uncles in Orem during the middle of an awful snowstorm. We said lots of prayers and thankfully made it there safely, though it took 3 times as long as it usually does because the snow was falling down so thick and the wind was blowing so hard that no one could see out of their driver side windows(which meant no lane changing and there were only three made up lanes instead of the normal 5). While on the freeway everyone was driving from about 5-35mph, we never went faster. Scott took a bus from SLC and met us there about an hour later and then we started our family Christmas party. We had a lot of fun, ate pizza and treats, decorated a gingerbread house and did a white elephant gift exchange. Since the travel time was so much longer, we didn't get started until quite a bit later which meant we didn't get home until quite a bit later. Charles was pretty pooped by the end. Here he is waiting so patiently on the couch while we get Elisabeth ready for bed: Yesterday we had some old friends from Wymount over for a little Christmas party. It was so good to see everyone, and we missed the ones that couldn't make it out, we'll have to do it again sometime. If anyone reads this that was with us in Wymount and lives around here but that I didn't talk to about the party, let me know and next time we do something I'll be sure to include you.

1 comment:

LeMira said...

Sorry we couldn't make it, but it was worth staying home -- Jackson is doing so well; he hasn't had an accident in a few days!