Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tagged!

I've been tagged and now I'm supposed to write 6 things that I don't think many people know about me:

1. I've been biting my nails since I was in the first grade. I started because one of my best friends did it and I thought she was really cool so I copied her (sad story of one following the crowd huh?). Right now I'm trying to quit. I haven't done it in probably a couple of weeks now! I have a very strong motivation though; Scott says if I can make it all the way to Christmas then he'll get me an elliptical machine (a used one of course b/c we don't have that kind of money :)), which is something I've been wanting for awhile.

2. I'm glad that the Hollywood writers are on strike. You see I have this Smallville addiction but since the writers have gone on strike I've decided to end my weekly tradition of watching Smallville. I've been wanting to quit for awhile and I'd always say the day after we watched a new episode that, 'that was the last one' but then when the next week would roll around I found myself turning on the tv Thursday night to check what it would be about and then I was glued! And that's the only time we pretty much ever watch tv, so it'll be good to be tv free at last because man, there is SO much trash in so many programs and commercials, from swearing to immodesty in dress, to violence (which is what Smallville was getting more and more of), to immorality and bad crude jokes, I just won't take it anymore.

3. I LOVE children! Kids and babies, they're just so sweet and innocent and they make me laugh so hard and I am completely comfortable around them even if they're strangers.

4. I don't eat chocolate. I haven't eaten chocolate for the last 5 years. I do have a reason for stopping, well two reasons. 1.) I was addicted to it; when I had a little bit it made me want even more! and 2.) ever since I was little when I would eat chocolate I'd get a bit dramatic and emotional. My mom says, one minute I'd be happy as can be running around the house and the next minute I'd be on the floor crying for no good reason. Of course when I got older I learned to control my moods more, but I could still notice a difference when I ate chocolate; it was kind of a comfort food and it'd make me feel good for a little while but then I'd feel myself get emotional or in my mind some silly issue that was once a molehill would all of a sudden seem more like a mountain, I know I'm a crazy girl who can't take any caffeine in her system :)

5. I have a fear of water. Not drinking water, in fact I LOVE drinking water and carry around my nalgene water bottle with me everywhere. I don't like lakes and oceans. I'm afraid of what's inside (and I've been stung by a sting ray which was one of the worse experiences of my life...and on my honeymoon!), and I'm afraid of drowning. I also don't really like swimming pools very much for the same drowning reason and when we do go swimming I'm very sure to stay far away from the drains just in case it sucks me in :), and I'm extremely cautious with my kids around water too. We took them on a ferry once and I almost died of apprehension! And so of course I won't be taking them on smaller boats :). (I know that this is silly of me, I'm trying to work on it, I've just had a couple of really bad/scary experiences with water).

6. I get all ready for bed around 9pm, even when I'm not pregnant. I like to put on my pajamas and get into my bed and then read, pray, write in my journal and have some time to talk with Scott before it gets too late and before we get too tired. This is something I really look forward to at the end of the day.

Now I'm going to tag Gina, Maren, Mary and anyone else that'd like to do this

4 comments:

Stacie said...

That was an interesting read. I'd like to hear the story of the stingray on your honeymoon sometime. Good luck on your nail biting habit!

Carrie said...

I thought this was fun to read too. The 6 (or however many) interesting things tag is my favorite to read on other people's blogs. I still bite my nails too, and I hate that I do it, but I just do it without thinking whenever I concentrate really hard. :) Sometimes I will 'quit' for like 5 months at a time, then inevitably I'll find myself doing it again! Argh! .... The most fascinating fact on your list is that you have not eaten chocolate for 5 years!! I knew that about you before, but I still think it's incredible. I can only hope to attain such self mastery one day!

Esther said...

I hate big bodies of water too. I can't believe you got stung by a sting ray on your honeymoon, not fun, but a great story!

The Hornes'es said...

wait, you got stung by a stingray on your HONEYMOON!!!??! Please tell me that story, either in blog, or E mail.
Thanks!