Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mail

Every day, probably about 3 times a day, Elisabeth and Charles like to go out by themselves and check the mail. If I try and follow, Charles usually asks me to 'go away,' probably because I always intervene when he tries to check our neighbors mail as well :). Elisabeth checks the mailbox first and once she's done Charles climbs up on the cement slab next to the mailbox and then opens and shuts it several times, each time peering inside and saying, "nope, mail all gone." When they actually find mail inside they are just thrilled and I can always tell when we've received a package because Elisabeth just goes wild with enthusiasm!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

What a smile, Elisabeth! So what was in the package?? :)

BTW, you guys have a cool fireplace!

Rachel Grazzini Lassen said...

She is so adorable! It is always fun to receive packages in the mail!

berrymom said...

That is one of my boys favorite things to do as well. Isn't it great how such simple things make kids so happy?!

Robin said...

Ha ha! I love how Charlie tells you to "go away"...especially so he can do something he knows you wouldn't let him do!

Jamie said...

I love what your kids say in your column over there on the left. I think the trails that the airplanes leave behind are called 'contrails'. That was one of penny's early words because my dad is really into teaching the kids stuff like that.

So I am interested to know more about your dad's restaurant. Was this before you were born? While you were growing up? Do you have some awesome recipes to share? You said you made some gross refried beans once for Scott. I did that too! Recently. They were crunchy and grainy and just gross!!