Thursday, November 15, 2007

I love cake :)

I love cake. I love to bake cakes, I love to decorate cakes and I love to eat cake, and especially the icing, well but not just any icing, I really like my icing. That makes me sound kind of conceited, I know, but I'm not going to lie, it is just so so yummy to me. Unfortunately, because of my love for cake, two somewhat negative things have already happened: 1.) I'm sure I've gained some extra unnecessary warm thick love around my waist, thighs etcetera and 2.) I'm afraid that this love of cake and especially icing has already passed on to our two very young children. Both Elisabeth and Charles (and I) require large amounts of icing on our slice of cake and especially like to have a giant icing rose on top. Here is a picture of a cake that I baked this morning for a funeral tomorrow. It was a little difficult coming up with an idea for a cake for a funeral, but in the end I decided that I wanted it to be completely white, so here's what I came up with:















And I made some extra white roses for the kids and I to share :) (I know, sick, we're basically eating sugary lard, but what can I say, I love it!)

12 comments:

Ben & Casey said...

Your cakes are so beautiful. I think that each cake I see you do looks even better than the one before. I think doing an all white cake was a great idea for a funeral.

Ben said...

I think you should have done all black.

Ben said...

juuuust kidding. well done.

Elisa said...

scott suggested doing an all black cake too :)

Stacie said...

The cakes are beautiful! I can't believe those roses...amazing. I am very impressed with your desire and talent for decorating cakes. I say, eat all the frosting you want! Plus, it was your reward for making such a nice cake. :o)

Carrie said...

Wow, Elisa. Your cake is PERFECT. Seriously, the icing on top and the roses and trim are all just flawless. It looks like something out of a Publix display case (I love their cakes!) And, you've got me really curious about your icing recipe. I love icing on my cake too, most people scrape it off but I LOVE it! And the fact that its lard doesn't even phase me. :) Only problem is it never seems to work out when I try to make my own...

Trisha said...

I think I'm going to have to taste some of your frosting because maybe then I will like cake. I've never been a cake fan and especially never been into frosting. Thus I think I am doomed to produce hideous cakes for my children's birthdays.

LeMira said...

Cake, yummy! I guess we need to come up and visit you and you can make a cake for the occasion . . .

Maren said...

It is a beautiful cake. Even when they cut it all up into pieces, it was still beautiful.

berrymom said...

What a beautiful cake! You are so talented! I am not much of an icing fan, but you have me intrigued and wanting to try your icing. I think I have passed my love of ice cream to my boys.

Mary said...

Elisa, that is a great cake for a funeral. You are really good at what you do.

The Frosts said...

BEAUTIFUL cake. You are about the only person I know that loves frosting. And I think it's so cute that you've passed the love on to your kids. Great job with the cake.