Saturday, November 17, 2007

Baby Names


This is a picture of Elisabeth holding her two favorite babies. The cabbage patch baby came with a birth certificate that had her name already on it which is Evelyn. The other baby is one that her great Aunt LuAnn gave to her a couple of years ago but wasn't given an actual name until about a month or two ago, that name is Sikiyaka (sick-EE-yaw-kah). Elisabeth picked the name all on her own, and I'm not really sure how she came up with it but I thought it was cute. :) She did have some good friends back in Washington that were from Japan so I'm wondering if there is a Japanese origin to this name...or maybe not, who knows?

4 comments:

Maryann said...

David has made names for some of his toys too... like putey (lizard toy). He likes to make up words sometimes.

Lukey said...

That's cute :) The name does sound very Japanese - it's surprising the things kids pick up on

http://www.babynames.co.uk

Mary said...

So are you letting her name YOUR baby??

Esther said...

That's so cute! I can hardly believe you'll soon have 3 children, time goes by sooo fast. Is it okay that I put a link to your blog on my blog www.jimmyandesther.com