Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rookie of the Year



We enrolled Charlie in a baseball class for 1- and 2- year olds at the Utah Baseball Academy. He's destined for stardom. They learn the basics: hitting, throwing, fielding. They even give them replica uniforms. The one he's wearing is an old school Phillies uniform. The coaches are ex-MLB players. One of his coaches says that he hasn't seen raw talent like Charlie's in a long time. $400 per month seems small compared to the millions that we'll get in return when he makes it big.

11 comments:

Cristin Lassen said...

$400 a month... you're totally joking, right? That outfit is really cute.

Stacie said...

You had me going there...right up until the end! Nice try...and way cute picture!

Robin said...

So true you guys. I say force them in/brain wash them when they are young and you'll make bank off them when they are older. That what kids are for right? It all worth it in the end...

LeMira said...

One day I can say, "I was friends with his family," when I'm watching him hit homers.

Danica said...

Haha, you guys are so funny. Go Phillies!!!

Elisa said...

P.S. notice that Scott posted this blog, he's the sports fanatic of the house

Elisa said...

And to answer your questions, no he's not really signed up for a baseball team(though i'm sure Scott wishes he was) and Charles is actually sporting one of Scott's old outfits in this picture

kelley said...

I thought I recognized that outfit! I have to admit... I was questioning the validity of the story at first. I got a good laugh. You gotta break 'em in young if they're gonna pay for your retirement

The Johnson Family said...

Very cute! I love the outfit! :)

Ben said...

Scott, does that uniform still fit you too?

Scott said...

No, Ben. I last wore it in high school.