Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


WARNING: this blog post contains spoilers from Book 7 so if you're reading the book or planning on reading the book you might not want to read this just yet

On Friday night at midnight (when the book started selling) my wonderful husband went out and bought me the 7th Harry Potter book! I couldn't go...well maybe I could have but if I did I would have definitely been throwing up because after about 9 or 10 my pregnant body just can't handle being up anymore. So I woke up to find the copy on our table Saturday morning and started reading.

It was wonderful! I loved it! J.K. Rowling is brilliant, she really is. I expected something to happen with Snape though I was still surprised when he or his thoughts at least actually explained his whole story. All my questions were answered in this book, why Dumbledore's hand was all withered and black in the last book and why Snape had to kill him, and then of course Harry being the 7th Horcrux but amazing how he was able to have only that part which Voldemort sort of lived in him killed and then he was able to come back alive completely whole and purely himself! And then of course I loved the epilogue 19 years later showing Harry and Ginny married and Ron and Hermoine married and all their children going or getting ready to attend Hogwarts. Overall I was just so happy that in the end good conquered evil and Harry didn't have to die in the process, but rather he got to start his own family and keep close friendships.

If any of you have finished reading the book I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

We finished it last night. I agree with everything you said! It was great! Jefferson had predicted that Harry was the 7th Horcrux, but we both thought that he would die. I was glad that he is still alive, and that He and Ginny are happy. I'm just sad that there are no more new ones to look forward to, and no more "what do you think will happen?" conversations to be had by Potter fans.

Q & A said...

I loved it too! I finished last night and had to reread the last 3 chapters today during naptime. It was SOOOO great. I was not disappointed at all. We also though Harry would be a Horcrux but I'm thrilled with the happy ending. I'm so glad good triumphed over evil!

Carrie said...

I loved it! Huge sigh of satisfaction. Isn't Rowling a genius?

Robin said...

I liked it pretty well...I am going to have to reread the last couple chapter b/c I think I may have missed some of the details! My one complaint (sorry, to be a spoil sport) is that I feel like Harry's Dad kind of got thrown under the bus for Snape...It seemed like Rowling was trying to say that all Harry's goodness and purity came solely from his mother, and that Snape was honorable and justifiable in all the awful things he did to Harry just because his Dad wasn't perfect. I wish things had been tied up differently in this arena, but overall lots of twists and turns and suprises and great writing!

Gina said...

I loved it. More about it on my blog.