Monday, July 30, 2007

Hairspray

Saturday afternoon my nieces and I went and saw the movie Hairspray. I haven't seen the old one so I don't have that to compare it to, but this was pretty cute. I love corny cheesy movies where people are singing and dancing and having a good time, so this was right up my alley. John Travolta made me laugh every scene that he was in. Just looking at him was funny.

This movie is rated PG, which is a big reason I decided to see it, and I was hoping for something really really clean....it was clean for the most part though Zac Efron did use a swear word, and it was said very clear, for the word 'bottom' or 'backside' :), and there was a scene where some high schoolers were doing some dirty dancing, too bad they didn't just leave those two parts out.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for this review Elisa. I actually found it very helpful and informative, since I have movie tastes very simliar to you and I'm always looking for a good clean movie that will be entertaining without the extra gratuitous violence, immorality, and just plain crudeness. There are so few PG-13 movies I'll even consider watching anymore.

I think I'll probably try to talk Adam into taking me to see this movie.

Gina said...

My mom wants to take me to this. She went with my sister and my dad and they all loved it. I don't know that I would be able to convince Ben to go, but we'll see.

Danica said...

I want to see this. Thanks for your review of it - I don't know why they have to throw things in like that. I hope Zac Efron doesn't take rolls to be cool like that b/c I like him a lot from High School Musical. I think I'm the only person I know that can't wait for High School Musical 2 to come out on the Disney Channel. I'm sure there are people in Provo, haha, but not around here.

Elisa said...

I'm totally excited for HSM 2! I need to make a friend w/Disney channel in Utah before Aug. 17 so that I can watch it over at there place :).

Cristin Lassen said...

I saw this last night, and loved it. It makes me want to watch HSM again. The only thing was, I was really worried that John Travolta was going to kiss Christopher Walken and that freaked me out. Other than that - great movie!