Friday, June 29, 2007

Snow White birthday cake!

I just finished Elisabeth's 3rd Birthday cake. For her first birthday we (Gina and I) made a rainbow cake, her 2nd birthday she had a Dora the Explorer cake and this year she asked for a Snow White cake to go along with her princess party (I'll be posting more pictures from the party once that's over). For any of you cake people or people who are interested in cakes here are the details on it: I used a barbie cake pan and covered the skirt in yellow butter cream icing. I covered the bodice of the barbie in fondant that was pre-made from Michael's, chopped her hair (they only have a couple of barbie 'tops' to choose from, so I was lucky to get one that even had dark brown hair) and put a red ribbon on top. I baked the cake last night and then frosted it today; decorating probably took an hour which is pretty quick, so I was pleased about that.

4 comments:

LeMira said...

Love the cake -- so cute!

Gina said...

So, so cute! Good job!

Danica said...

You are amazing!!! So so cute.

Mary said...

Wow!!