Saturday, June 16, 2007

Port Angeles, Forks and La Push Washington




Thursday afternoon we took a little road trip, and ferry ride, over to the Olympic Peninsula where we did some camping, hiking, and site seeing. We camped in a KOA Kampground (that's how they spell it) and we absolutely loved it! I don't think I could ever go back to camping the typical way. They're located in all of the states and you can either tent camp, RV camp, or cabin/cottage/lodge camp. We stayed in a cabin for a couple of nights that had beds for all of us and electricity! Outside of each cabin was a fire pit, swing and picnic table. They also have different activities that could keep you busy all day. If you want to check out the website you can go here: www.koa.com/ Thanks to Robin and Fred for telling us about KOA!

Friday we drove down to Forks and La Push where we did some site seeing (for any of you who read Twilight or New Moon, you'll know why I had to look around there :)) and went on a hike through a beautiful forest that took us down to Second Beach in La Push. The only problem we ran into on our trip was during our 1.5 hour drive from Port Angeles to Forks, the roads were pretty curvy and when we were about 5 minutes away from Forks Elisabeth who was sitting in the back corner seat of the van puked all over herself and car seat! It was pretty nasty! We had left all extra clothes at the cabin, so we cleaned her off the best we could with baby wipes but she still wreaked so when we got to Forks we found the only shopping area, within about a 60 mile radius, and bought her a new outfit, they only had a few to choose from...down side of being in a small town I guess. Besides that, everything went smoothly and we had an awesome time! We've actually decided to make it a yearly tradition to go stay at a KOA Kampground and do some hiking.
(Picture of Elisabeth and I in front of Forks High School which is where Bella goes to School, and picture of me and Elisabeth in front of La Bella Italia where Bella ate with Edward in Port Angeles; it was great food by the way!)




9 comments:

Gina said...

Ok! I'm going. Wouldn't that be the funnest trip to go on with all the girls who read the books?

Jamie said...

That is so cool! I'm glad you did that. I just read the two books and the 20 pages of Edward's point of view on the website and I'm obsessed! It looks so beautiful where you were! Looks like I need to head up there to visit my parents. When do you guys come back to Utah!?

Elisa said...

We're actually going to be there this Wed. through Sat., but only to house hunt. Once that all happens I'm sure we'll have a for sure date...but we're thinking the middle of August.

Q & A said...

YAY!! I LOVE that you guys took this little trip. It is cool that the places in the book really exist! I think it's safe to say you're a die hard fan. Can't wait to hear more about your house hunt trip.

Robin said...

Looks like you had a great time! I completely agree with you about not being able to camp somewhere OTHER than a KOA now though...I love the picture of you and Elisabeth under that big tree!!

berrymom said...

That looks like is was such a fun trip! I will definitely be looking into KOA...if I can talk Jackson into it. It might take some work. I can't wait until you guys get to Utah!

Mary said...

FUN! Looove that picture of Scott and Charles by the water. And I love sleeping kiddos in carseats!

Carrie said...

This looks like a fun trip! Adam and I have not taken Georgia camping yet and this inspires me to go!

I noticed you are reading "Bonds that Make us Free".. I read that several years ago, and thought it was a great book! Some of the beginning parts can get a little tedious, but toward the end there are some really profound thoughts that permanently changed the way I think of people and relationships. I feel it helped me to better withhold judgment and just love people for who they are, and to be more free in extending forgivenss for the mistakes of others.

Danica said...

Easy to see why you had to make that trip - so cool to go to those places! Thanks for the visuals!