Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Elisabeth aka drama queen

Today was another beautiful day! I got Charles all ready for the day while Elisabeth put on her skort, t-shirt(she picks out her clothes and dresses herself) and tennis shoes (she went for sandals but I reminded her what happened last week when she got a little splinter in her foot and she FREAKED out for at least half an hour even after it was out!) and we took off to the park for playgroup. She played great for quite some time but then she had a little fall and scraped one of her knees, I don't know if you could even really call it a scrape, it didn't even bleed. Anyways, she froze in place and started to cry. I picked her up and brought her over to a bench so I could take a look at the damage, or the lack there of in this case. I told her that it was fine. But she didn't believe me. She kept looking down at it and it would make her cry even more. So finally I decided we better take off from playgroup early. When we got home I gently cleaned it up while she wailed and kicked and screamed, and then I put some "magic band aid cream"(that's what we call the antibacterial stuff) and a band aid on it and told her everything was all better now. But she was still so upset. She laid down on the couch and insisted upon having her blanket which we never give her unless she's in her bed going to sleep. She would whimper a little, look down at her band aid and start bawling again. Finally I figured out that the sight of it was making her so upset, so I grabbed her a pair of jeans, took off her skort which she was not happy about, helped her get the jeans over her wounded knee and then seriously within about 5 seconds she was so happy again, and went straight to the table where her lunch was waiting for her, sat on her knees like always and ate with us like a normal human being. I'm afraid we've got a mini drama queen on our hands :).

4 comments:

Mary said...

HOW FUNNY! I suppose this will only get better as she becomes a teenager...

Q & A said...

I love this story. It cracks me up. Yes, that is pretty dramatic and traumatic. Such a big difference between girls and boys :)

Robin said...

I am sure there are not too many down moments in your house! It will be fun to tell her this story when she gets older too.

JP said...

That is a great story. Good idea with the jeans.